- Matt Cullen has 8 goals and 12 points so far this year, he scored 12 goals and 39 points all of last year.
- Josh Harding has fully recovered from his torn ACL and his 6-1-1, 1.82, .942 line is one of the best in the NHL.
- With the great outings from Harding, Nik Backstrom has stepped his game up (7-4-2, 1.97 GAA, .935 SV%) giving the team a potent 1-2 punch between the pipes every night.
- The young defenseman (Marco Scandella, Jared Spurgeon, Justin Falk, Nate Prosser) have carried on the success of playing for Mike Yeo, and have stepped up to deliver on of the league's best defenses.
- Mikko Koivu and Dany Heatley click very well on a line together.
- Kyle Brodziak gets the job done with good old fashioned hard work.
- Cal Clutterbuck's mustache is second to none.
- Mike Yeo has this team believing they can win every night...and it shows.
- The Wild are first in their division, in their conference, and in the National Hockey League.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
For a change, the Wild are sitting nicely in the standings this Thanksgiving. They have stunned everyone in the NHL with their 13-5-3 record at the quarter pole in the 2011-12 season. With that said, here are some things to be thankful for today while we sit around and eat turkey: