Saturday, January 7, 2012

This One's For Jabs

This past week, I have been pondering many things to write up on this blog. I touched on one of them on Monday with the Wild and the possibility of hosting a Winter Classic. Then I have been wanting to touch on the Wild's power play woes, Dany Heatley's lack of scoring, and more recently the fact the NHL realignment was put on hold. But everytime I get close to writing one of those posts, I get sucked in to another story that has captured the hockey world: the story of Jack Jablonski.

As we all know, Jablonski (or Jabs as he is more commonly refered to) suffered a serious injury to his spinal cord, after being checked into the boards during a HS game on December 30th. Since we have learned that he will never be able to walk, let alone play hockey, again. And he has received tremendous support from everyone involved with hockey across the globe.

My friends over at First Round Bust did a post on this the other day, and I felt compelled to do the same here today. If you wish to donate to the Jack Jablonski fund you can click here or here or send a donation to:

Jack Jablonski Fund
Wells Fargo
8200 Golden Valley Road, Golden Valley, MN 55427

Ill always keep a link to this on the right side of the page as well.

My thoughts and well wishes continue to go out to Jabs and his family. No one should go through what he is going through, especially at the age of 16. Here's to hoping Jabs can overcome the doctors prognosis and some day walk again.




No comments:

Post a Comment