There was much negativity on the internet following the game. The "Fire Yeo" squad was out in force last night. Folks don't seem to think the Wild will win another game this year and will miss the playoffs.
So instead of joining the crowd, I'm gonna take the high road here and give you some positive notes today:
- There are three games left in the season. Two of them are at home, and two of them are against teams who sit at the bottom of the NHL standings.
- If the Wild can get four points in the last two games, they are a lock to make the playoffs.
- Mikko Koivu finally found the scoresheet last night, ending a streak of not registering a point in nine out of his previous ten games played.
- If Minnesota can consistently get 36 shots on net, like last night, good chance they win some games with that kind of shot total.
- Mike Yeo is the head coach of this team, and will be behind the bench to start the 2013-14 season. The front office has total confidence in him, and you should too.
- Niklas Backstrom has been playing well in net. He has been the unfortunate victim of some bad bounces and some sloppy defensive play lately. If the Wild can clean that up, Backstrom will have the numbers to back up his good play.
- Jason Zucker and Mikael Granlund were sent down today. They will greatly help the Houston Aeros in their playoff run. They will get their games turned around, and will be back to help the Wild in their playoff run.
- The Wild WILL make the playoffs. Just do yourself a favor and say that out loud and see how that sounds, compared to the "They are finished" which has been uttered several times in the past day.
Be positive folks.
Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell