Here are the odds for the Wild and the playoffs:
- The Wild's playoffs odds went up 4.3% to 97.6% on whether or not they will make the playoffs at all.
- Any combination of wins and OT games that gets the Wild to 57 points, gives them a 100% chance of making the playoffs and gives them a 33% chance to finish at least as the 6th seed. So keep 57 as your magic number at home.
- Should the Wild go 5-0-0 in their final 5 games, that will give them 61 points and it gives them a 60% chance of winning the division and finishing as the 3rd seed.
- Minnesota has a 30.8% chance of playing Anaheim in the first round. Vancouver is close behind at 26.7%.
- There's a 10.2% chance of Minnesota finishing 8th and playing Chicago in the first round.
- The percentage of Minnesota missing the playoffs entirely is now 2.4%..
- Finally, Minnesota's percentage to win the Stanley Cup is 1.2%.
So out of all of this, you should take away that six more points in the final five games, assures Minnesota of a playoff spot, and it gives them a good chance to finish as the 6th seed in the West.
The Wild's remaining schedule is: @ SJ (4/18), vs CGY (4.21), vs LA (4/23), vs EDM (4/26), and @ COL (4/27). I count at least three wins (six points) in there. Question is: Can they get more?
Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell