Thursday, November 28, 2013

What's Really Important

Day in and day out (or at least every other day), we gather here to discuss the good and bad when it comes to our favorite hockey team. And while thats why we come here on a semi daily basis, that is not why we gather here today.

Sure, I can write a whole post about how I'm thankful the Wild are off to a good start, have semi decent health, etc. But that is not why I write this post today.

Today's message is quite simple: Remember what is really important.

Remember the family and friends who make your life better daily. Remember the loved ones who have departed this world, who you had the privilege of calling family or friends.

Be thankful for the things that really matter in the end.

For me today, I am thankful to have my parents still here with me. Definitely not where I am today with out them in my life.

I am thankful for the best of friends (Zach-my best friend for the last 18 years, Hannah, Zach, Amanda, Nate, Mo, Ruben, Matt, Tao, Danielle, Alyson, Monica, Dan, and Graeme) who have made my life better daily by being a part of it. They truly are the best and anyone who disagrees can feel free to drop the gloves with me anytime.

Work, health, etc all fall in that thankfulness category too, but the last two paragraphs are what truly needed to be emphasized today.

This is what I am truly thankful for today. Yes, I am glad for hockey too, but in the big picture I look at the greater things we have in life.

So today as we all sit down and eat a glorious buffet of food, please remember what you truly are thankful for. Tomorrow, we will continue the regular hockey banter. But not today. Because it's not that important.

Happy Thanksgiving from the Team of 18,001!


Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell

No comments:

Post a Comment