There will be two scrimmages open to the public during the camp. One will take place Friday at Braemar Arena (2 PM) and the other will be at Xcel Energy Center on Monday (6:30 PM).
As the camp is set to open, here are some players to watch out for:
- 2014 Wild Draftees: The camp will give us a first look at the eight players Minnesota selected in the 2014 NHL Draft. None of the players are in consideration for a roster spot on the Wild roster this year, but we can see where they stack up with other prospects who are battling for spots this fall.
- Michael Keranen: Minnesota will get their first look at the speedy Keranen after signing him in June to a one year, two way contract.
- Matt Dumba: This will be Dumba's third development camp since being drafted and it could very well be his last. Dumba played in 13 games with the Wild last season before being sent to the WJC and WHL. He figures to get a good long look at making the team out of camp this fall as the sixth defenseman.
- Christian Folin: Like Dumba, Folin also figures to get a look at making the Wild roster as the sixth defenseman. Folin was signed by the Wild at the end of March and played in one game with Minnesota to end the regular season.
- Zack Phillips: The veteran of development camp this year is Phillips, who will be participating in this for the fourth time. After a disappointing 2013-14 season, Phillips (Minnesota's 2011 1st round pick) will need to make big strides for the Iowa Wild in 2014-15 if he has any hopes of making the Minnesota roster.
For a list of all players participating in camp, click here.
Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell