As we get into the dog days of the offseason, I figured I would start a weekly series to keep the blog somewhat active while there is little to no news. Basically these posts will just be a collection of thoughts from the previous week or so that dont really need to have an entire post on them. So lets get to it, eh?
- If you haven't noticed, there is a countdown on the right side of the page here telling you how many days there are left until opening night.
- Congrats to Steve Veilleux on winning the Smashfest 2014 title this past week. EA Sports has noticed Veilleux's speed with the ping pong paddle and decided that was good enough to get a better speed rating over Erik Haula in NHL 14 (ok, they really didn't make that decision based on him winning Smashfest but it is still complaint worthy).
- According to Nashville, "the Wild are boring". That's funny because I'm trying to remember the last time I enjoyed watching a Predators game.
- Here is a cool video by the NHL on the Wild's regular season:
- The old scoreboard was laid to rest this past week (RIP) to make way for the new one this next year. Here is a 360 degree view of the new jumbrotron.
- Mikael Granlund was kind enough to take a selfie for everyone.
- Nino Niederreiter, Darcy Kuemper, and Justin Fontaine are all set for arbitration hearings this week. I would be very shocked to see any of them actually get to the hearing. They should be getting new deals just shortly before hand (hopefully).
- There are 73 days until opening night.
Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell