Onto the nothingness...
- Justin Fontaine signed a two year deal worth $2 million this past week ($1M cap hit each year). Considering how well Fontaine played last year as a rookie, the Wild are getting a pretty good bargain here.
- Darcy Kuemper and Nino Niederreiter remain unsigned. I misspoke last week by saying both should be having arbitration hearings during the week, but what I missed was that neither player filed for arbitration. So both could go into training camp without a contract. Lets hope neither gets that far.
- For whatever reason, the Wild brought back Justin Falk on a one year, two way contract. Lets hope he was brought in to bolster the back end of the defensive core for Iowa.
- Former Wild Dan Fritsche is among others who are suing the NHL for lack of concussion prevention/treatment. As Fel and Agnes remind us, Fritsche was sidelined while in Minnesota after suffering a concussion thanks to a hit from Jordan Tootoo.
- Hey look! Big news outlets think the Avs will be crap in 2014-15 too!
- Chuck Fletcher an insightful interview to Sirius XM Radio last week. I liked the part where he said "defensive minded robots".
- You can watch all of Zach Parise's goals from 2013-14 here.
- Erik Haula is looking sharp in this alternate NHL 15 cover (via uberhockeyfacts). This looks 100 times better than Patrice Bergeron (with all respect to one of the better centers in the league).
- The old scoreboard has finally been dismantled.
- There are 66 days until the Wild open the 2014-15 regular season.
Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell