RIP Robin Williams
How was your week?
- Marian Gaborik was voted as the best player in franchise history on Pro Hockey Talk. Please excuse me while go collect myself after being stunned by this vote (sarcasm).
- It was Minnesota Wild day over at PHT last week. They looked at Matt Dumba potentially making the leap to the NHL full time in 2014-15. Given that Dumba made the opening night roster last year, I would not be surprised to see him make the team again out of camp on the third defensive pairing.
- PHT listed Thomas Vanek as "Under Pressure" for 2014-15. First of all, I can't really put Vanek as the player with the most pressure on him this year (more on that at a later time). Second, I think he will do just fine here given the great depth Minnesota has at forward going into the season.
- Does Ryan Suter play too much? Yes, he certainly does. Lets try and cut back his minutes this year, shall we?
- Russo reported that both Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding are good to go for when training camp starts next month. This is good because there is no end in sight in regards to Darcy Kuemper's contract situation.
- For those who think that Mikko Koivu is best suited as the Wild's third line center, you are wrong. He needs to be in the top two. Erik Haula needs to play a few more games before we anoint him as the best center in team history.
- The Ice Bucket Challenge really took off last week. There is a big list of folks affiliated with the Wild who have taken part in this at the top of the page.
- Next week we should be returning to regularly scheduled programming (meaning there will be more than one post a week on here). As we inch closer to opening night we will countdown the Wild's 10 best prospects, look at the NHL's divisions, scout the Central, scout the Wild roster, etc.
- Speaking of opening night, only 52 days left until we reach that point.
Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell