Monday, August 11, 2014

Offseason Meanderings: Part III


Uh...what happened?
  • Greetings from the revamped Team of 18,001! As time to the new season gets closer I decided to give the site a facelift, including a new header. Feel free to let me know what you all think of the new colors. There is a comment section below (hint, hint).
  • The US WJC camp took place this past week. 2014 Wild first round pick Alex Tuch paced the field with six goals, including a hat trick over Sweden. I think Im gonna enjoy following this kid's path to the NHL.
  • All is quiet on the Niederreiter/Kuemper front. In fact, I don't even know if those names were even uttered in the past week.
  • The NHL made it official last week that the only Stadium Series game to be played during 2014-15 will be between Los Angeles and San Jose. Battle Of Cali made a pretty great troll piece about how Minnesota has to play all their games indoors next year. But also, too many Wild fans were easily trolled. 
  • I've been wondering who will be the Wild's starting goaltender on opening night. I haven't necessarily gotten anywhere with these thoughts, so at this point I might just pull a name (Backstrom, Harding, or Kuemper) out of the hat and guess.
  • Zach Parise took part in the Ice Bucket Challenge that has been flying around the internet the past week. That probably was the most Wild news worthy thing to happen.
  • Speaking of Parise, here is a video of him from the 2012-13 season where he accidentally spits on an ice girl. I honestly had no idea this existed. At least he was very apologetic about it.
  • Last week I found this gem for $20. I literally felt like I was robbing this person.
  • There are 59 days until the season opener.

Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell

No comments:

Post a Comment