Team Record: 6-5-4 in March, 39-26-11 overall
Standings: 4th in Central Division, 7th in Western Conference
3. Jason Pominville (15 GP, 5 G, 7 A)In a month where the Wild had issue scoring, Pominville was able to tally 12 points in March. He scored some pretty great goals (which may end up in the top plays below), and has been a staple on the Wild's top line despite all the constant line juggling.
2. Mikko Koivu (15 GP, 2 G, 12 A)As the Wild moved towards the playoffs, they needed their leaders to step up. Koivu did just that, as he notched a team high 12 assists, and scored the go ahead goal in Monday night's victory over Los Angeles. It was speculated that Koivu is battling an injury, but you would never notice with the way he played in March.
1. Zach Parise (15 GP, 8 G, 5 A)Scoring the tying goals in the final two games of the month was enough to elevate Parise to the number one star in March. His eight goals in March account for more than a quarter of his total on the season, and he is now primed to become the Wild's first 30 goal scorer since 2007-08 (Marian Gaborik, Brian Rolston).
Top 5 Plays
5. Pominville goal vs Boston (shatters stick while blasting one past Rask)
4. Stoner goal vs New York (check out those saucy mitts)
3. Pominville goal vs Columbus (all around precision here)
2. Coyle penalty shot goal vs Detroit (one deke too many for Howard)
1. Parise shootout goal vs Edmonton (Fasth never even moved)
March 29 at Phoenix
After dropping four of the previous five games and losing their lead on Phoenix in the Wild Card race, the Wild were in a desperate need of a win against the Coyotes. After falling behind 1-0 early and looking helpless through two periods, the Wild found a fourth gear and scored three third period goals to defeat the Coyotes in regulation to earn a much needed two points.
Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell