Team Record: 5-9-0 in December, 20-17-5 overall
Standings: 5th in Central Division, 10th in Western Conference
Somehow, Koivu put up nine points in a month that saw the Wild seemingly score nine goals (ok, they scored more, but scoring was not wasy to come by). Also take into consideration he had several different linemates this past month, due to Parise being out and the fact that Yeo is always changing lines.
2. Jason Pominville (14 GP, 4 G, 6 A, 10 P)Pominville flourished once Mikael Granlund returned to the lineup. He has been up and down from first line to second line and still was a bright spot for the lifeless Wild offense. Pominville is on pace for a 30 goal season, something the Wild have not seen since Marian Gaborik and Brian Rolston did so in 2007-08.
1. Josh Harding (8 GP, 5-3-0, 1.97 GAA, .928 SV%)Another month, another #1 star honor for Josh Harding. His teammate, Niklas Backstrom, went 0-6-0 between the pipes for the Wild this month, proving further that the Wild need Harding in the net big time. It wasn't Harding's best month in net, but it was still worthy enough of being the number one star of December.
Top 5 Plays:
5. Pominville goal vs PHI (that pass from Koivu)
4. Harding save vs ANA (who's quacking now?)
3. Koivu goal vs WPG (slick passing play)
2. Harding save vs ANA (doing his best Julie Gaffney impression)
1. Harding save vs PHI ("OOOOOOOOO!'-Doc Emrick)
December 5th vs Chicago
Once again, the Wild went toe to toe with the defending Stanley Cup Champs. They went up 2-0 before the Blackhawks fired off three consecutive goals to give them the lead early on in the third period. It was Jonas Brodin (the goal scorin machine!) who tied it with five minutes left, and Marco Scandella who scored the game winning goal with 1:48 left.
Follow Giles on Twitter @gilesferrell